[gothic-l] Re: Exhibition on the Vandals, Vaernamo in Vaerend, Sweden

dirk at SMRA.CO.UK dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Fri Jun 22 07:35:06 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., Bertil Häggman <mvk575b at t...> wrote:
> Esteemed listmembers,
>
> Have now received the exquisite book on the true
> history of the Vandals from the Vandal exhibition
> secretariat in Vaernamo, Sweden.
>
> The following museums have lent objects to the
> exhibition:
>
> Musée National des Antiquités, Algeria
> Bibliothèque National de France
> Ministero per I Beni e le Attivita Culturali
> Biblioteca Medicea Laurenziana, Florence, Italy
> Museo del Tesoro del Duomo e Biblioteca Capitolare, Italy
> Abbaye Territoriale de Saint Maurice, Switzerland
> Royal Library, Sweden
> State Historical Museum, Sweden
> Museum Gustavianum, Sweden
> The Pierpont Morgan Libray, United States
> Kustodiat der Kunstsammlungen, Kremsmuenster, Austria
>
> And some stuff from England and Germany.

I guess the 'stuff' from England and Germany was not worth mentioning.

> The authors of the richly color illustrated book are
> Michel Dhenin, Conservateur en chef, Paris, France
> Mustapha Dorbane, archeologist, Algeria
> Professor Ulla Ehrensvaerd, Sweden
> Professor h.c. Pontusd Hulthén, General Curator
> of the exhibition
> Anna-Lena Wibom, Film Producer, Sweden
>
> And some people from Germany and England.

I guess the people from Germany and England were not worth mentioning
(while I m sure that Anna-Lana Wibom is very very important)

Can you expand about the content of this exhibition a bit, (that may
also be more interesting than the fact that Anna-Lena Wibom
participated)  :-)

cheers