[gothic-l] Re: Re: Visigothic castle

Nikolai gothologist at YAHOO.COM
Tue Mar 27 13:50:49 UTC 2001

>    Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 02:20:48 -0500
>    From: Friþunanþs Ximeneiks <jimenezf at alpha.montclair.edu>
> Subject: Re: Visigothic castle
>

> I will try to list the major Visigothic monuments in Spain
> sometime in
> the future but at the moment I have a pile of papers to grade.
>
> Cheers,
> F. X.

I should like to see them. Do you, perhaps, know of any visuals
upon the web pertaining to these monuments and architectural
styles of which you have in mind?

And the Gothic style allegedly came from Northern Italy first,
not France, as a dim remnant of the OstroGoths influence.
Whether it was directly influenced by them, or simply just in
namesake, many believe the style came forth from the Florence
region, intensifying during the beginning of the 14th century
and further intensifying during the latter 14th century (most
likely due to the general european moods and mindsets during and
immediately following the first plague epidemics (Black Death)
of 1347-1351 CE) and spreading throughout (I am speaking of the
architecture, not the plague) Europe from there.

What sources do you derive your conclusions from pertaining to
France. I should like to read them, as well.

=====
Eternally,
Nikolai
^^O^^
http://www.geocities.com/gothwitches

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before." ~ Edgar Allen Poe
"The knell, the shroud, the mattock, and the grave, the deep damp vault, the darkness and the worm." ~ Edward Young

http://us.click.yahoo.com/03IJGA/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/wpHWlB/TM