[gothic-l] Lundina Gothorum- "Cathedral"

Friþunanþs Ximeneiks - (Fernando E. Jimenez) jimenezf at ALPHA.MONTCLAIR.EDU
Fri Mar 30 21:57:36 UTC 2001

To: Bertil and others,
I am researching the relationship of Visigothic architecture with
architecture in the rest of Europe and I have run into a wall of
inconsistency as concerns the date for the (start of construction) of
the Cathedral of Lund in (of course) - ["Lundina Gothorum"(per- Great
Larousse)]. In general, I have not been able to find much on this very
early treasure of the Romanesque. The dates that I have been able to
find are not in agreement between sources.

Also, do you or anyone else have any facts/information concerning a
purported colossal carving of a giant figure on one of the pilars of the
Cathedral of Lund which is flanked by another pillar of a woman holding
an infant? Supposedly there is an official story behind it and I am
wondering if anyone might know of it.

It is too early to reveal how all these items may be linked, and it may
prove to be more conclussive to my thesis if nothing is said at this
time but I will be more than grateful for any information.

Feel free to contact me privately,

Thanks,
F.X.

We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/olMXHC/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/wpHWlB/TM