[gothic-l] Re: Bosniac Goths

czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO
Mon May 7 12:41:05 UTC 2001

Hi, Osman

The Balkanic Paeninsula was several times crossed by the Goths in
their raids or migrations, and we know also that the Gothi Minores
settled there lastingly, being attested between the IV-IX centuries,
but this was south of Danube (today's northern Bulgaria) rather than
today's Bosnia.

Francisc

--- In gothic-l at y..., "TURKIYE DERGISI" <turktarihi at t...> wrote:
> Hi & Hails,
>
> A few years ago I read a text in a Bosniac/Sarajevo paper, of which
author claimed that Bosniacs, let us say Bosnians, had more Germanic
blood than Slavic, referring to visit of Bosnia by the Goths in the
5th century. Does anybody have any details of the Gothic existence,
especially ethnogenetic remnants in Bosnia?

> Regards,
>
> Osman KARATAY

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.sIrMC/YKfCAA/qvCFAA/wpHWlB/TM