[gothic-l] Gepids

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Tue May 8 15:54:39 UTC 2001

Francisc,

Am trying to recall Gepidic words except gepanta,
if that ever existed. Fastida was a Gepidic king. Frohila
and Feva were two other Gepidic kings. Later there was
Ardaric. Kunimund was a famous Gepidic king.

That is all. Interested in further Gepidic words. Cannot
say anything else on the Gepidic language.

Gepidically

Bertil

But what is the difference between the Gepidic and the Gothic
languages?
As I understood, the Gepids are generally regarded as a branch of
the Goths. And the Gepidic language was probably very closely related
to Gothic, or even just a dialect of Gothic. Or maybe I'm wrong?

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/.sIrMC/YKfCAA/qvCFAA/wpHWlB/TM