[gothic-l] Re: EE Jews descend from Goths

l_labkovsky at HOTMAIL.COM l_labkovsky at HOTMAIL.COM
Tue May 8 20:58:44 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., Tim O'Neill <scatha at b...> wrote:
> l_labkovsky at h... wrote:
> >
> >  Some Ostrogoths who lived in what is now Ukraine in the 3rd and
4th
> > centuries intermixed with Sarmats who were Iranians
>
> Very true.
>
> > ... and the offspring
> > became what is now East European Jews.
>
> Evidence?  Koestler's theory regarding the Khazars is
> generally regarded as incorrect BTW.
> There were all of the sudden millions of Jews in Eastern Europe in
the Middle Ages and medieval German Jews only numbered under 20,000
at most. Such a huge number of East European Jews can only be
explained by a mass conversion of some local tribes, in this case
Sarmato-Ostrogoths.
> > These offspring spoke the
> > dominant German(Yiddish) language ...
>
> It's already been pointed out that Yiddish is derived from
> OHG.  You have evidence of Yiddish prior to the MHG period?
> Do you also have any evidence of East Germanic forms in
> what is a West Germanic language?
> Nobody knows for sure where Yiddish comes from and German is German
is German! Professor A.Poliak compared the language of the Crimean
Goths with Yiddish and it was very similar, read The Thirteenth Tribe
by A.Koestler.
> > and looked like the East European
> > Jews of today.
>
> You have evidence of what these Gotho-Sarmatians looked
> like.
> If you mate a German with an Iranian you'll get a "Jewish" face,
try it yourself with your friends, haha.
> > In the Middle Ages these "Mulatoes" were convinced by
> > the visiting Jewish rabbis that they(Mulatoes) were really Jews
from
> > Germany.
>
> Again, evidence?
>
> > The itinerant rabbis did the same trick with Khazars by
> > convincing Khazars to convert to Judaism.
>
> So the Khazars were 'tricked' into converting to Judaism?
> Yes, the Khazar king Bulan had consulted with a rabbi before
converting to Judaism. It's a known fact that medieval rabbis where
actively converting pagans in Eastern Europe to Judaism. The more
Jews there are the more work is there for rabbis, and that goes for
all clerics. Even Russians almost became Jews because Prince Vladimir
had invited a rabbi, a Catholic priest and a Muslim cleric before
finally deciding for Christianity, but it was a close call.
> > These "Mulatoes" were quite unsophisticated and they
> > believed the rabbis and became ardent Jews.
>
> Evidence for any of this?  Documentary sources supporting
> these ideas for example?
> And what proof do you have that German Jews ever came to Eastern
Europe? Even though the Polish king invited German Jews to Poland no
one ever saw these Jews actually arrive.