[gothic-l] Golem, Yiddish Frankenstein

l_labkovsky at HOTMAIL.COM l_labkovsky at HOTMAIL.COM
Sat May 12 23:52:31 UTC 2001

 My previous posting about Golem wasn't posted, so I repeat. One
proof that East European Jews descend partially from Ostrogoths could
be the Golem. Golem is a Frankestein-like monster from the Yiddish
folklore and according to the Encyclopedia Britannica, 15th edition,
he is a Gothic character. So how come EE Jews are the only ethnic
group to have a Gothic folklore other than Goths themselves? Golem
has nothing to do with the Torah or such. So the plot thickens!