[gothic-l] Re: Golem, Yiddish Frankenstein

Maureen hessian_18452 at YAHOO.COM
Sun May 13 08:55:44 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., l_labkovsky at h... wrote:
>  My previous posting about Golem wasn't posted, so I repeat. One
> proof that East European Jews descend partially from Ostrogoths
could
> be the Golem. Golem is a Frankestein-like monster from the Yiddish
> folklore and according to the Encyclopedia Britannica, 15th
edition,
> he is a Gothic character. So how come EE Jews are the only ethnic
> group to have a Gothic folklore other than Goths themselves? Golem
> has nothing to do with the Torah or such. So the plot thickens!

Your plot is about as thick as a bowl of watered-down borscht, at
this point.  You have repeatedly made claims which you cannot
substantiate; in addition, you certainly don't have a clear
understanding of your own origins.  Pehaps you should contact other
Eastern European Jews who have done some serious genealogical
research, and can steer you in the right direction.

Maureen