[gothic-l] Heyerdahl searching for Odin

dirk at SMRA.CO.UK dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Tue May 29 06:44:27 UTC 2001

The following URL of the BBC reports that the famous Norwegian
archaeologist and explorer Thor Heyerdahl is now searching for traces
of Odin in South Russia. I know this is slighly off-topic, but it is
funny nonetheless. Heyerdahl apparently believes that the Norse
god Odin was a real South Russian king, who lived in the first century
BC. The text doesn't say it, but I guess Heyerdahl believes that the
Goths brought the Odin believe to Europe. Russian scientists have
expressed scepticism, but since Heyerdahl seems to pour in the money,
why not.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/europe/newsid_1353000/1353343.s
tm

cheers