[gothic-l] Re: "Eruli", "Goths", "Danes" and wherefrom the runes

?????? ???????? vegorov at IPIRAN.RU
Mon Dec 16 06:57:05 UTC 2002

Hi Troels!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I'd like to join your opinion with a small addition.

Odin/Wothan might have been a real person, a chieftain

(of course, not obligatory of "asses").

Compare please also the roots "vodim" in Baltic languages

(e.g. "vodimas" in Lithuanian meaning "ringleader")

and "vod" in Slavic languages (e.g. "predvoditel'"

also as "ringleader" and "voevode" in Russian).

Vladimir