[gothic-l] Symbol?

i_lirimaer <i_lirimaer@yahoo.com> i_lirimaer at YAHOO.COM
Thu Dec 19 00:15:10 UTC 2002

I just started looking at the Gothic language due to my High School
German class and my love of J. R. R. Tolkien. The first thing that I
saw was a picture with the Gothic alphabet. However, the symbol that
looked similar to a trident and the one that looked like a target
both did not have letter translations to the English alphabet. The
trident seemed to be a combination of a lower case b and p, whereas
the target seemed to say "tv". Could someone please explain this to
me?