[gothic-l] Re: Gothic and Gotlandic Sailing

wagnijo sohela at POST11.TELE.DK
Fri Feb 8 12:26:29 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at y..., "faltin2001" <dirk at s...> wrote:

> Tore,
>
> we were talking about the Sparloesa rune stone and this stone
alone,
> which Ingemar said should be redated to the early 6th century
because
> a horseman on the stone wears a Phrygian cap, while I said the ship
> on the stone is better placed in the 9th century.
>
> See the attached picture of the stone.
>
> http://home.no.net/ahruner/se-rune-sparloesa.jpg
>
> Dirk

Sorry about the apparantly empty message.

And then compare with the ships on these 9th c. Hedeby-coins:
http://www.gladsaxegymnasium.dk/2/tidl/usider/jpg/aeldste.jpg
(These coins are not from Lund allthough the caption says so)

Cheers
Soren Larsen

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM