[gothic-l] Re: Eruli in the West

andreas.schwarcz at UNIVIE.AC.AT andreas.schwarcz at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Wed Feb 13 23:00:56 UTC 2002

On 13 Feb 2002, at 19:09, troels_brandt wrote:

> > I ment Blucina and Zhuran, cf. Tejral (ÖAWDphil 240, Wien 1990, 43
> > f.).
>
> Well - We have just discussed Blucina and Zhuran as located in
> Moravia at Germanic-List, but I am afraid I mixed up Baiuvaria and
> Bohemia. I believe I am primarily responsible for this mess.
>
> Under all circumstances is it more easy for me now to understand
> Procopius' problems in Northern Europe - and he did'nt even have a
> real map.

Dear Troels,
I wrote Bohemia, because the medieval and modern County of
Moravia is and was always part of the historic kingdom of Bohemia
under the crown of St.Wenceslaus. To an austrian mind Moravia as
a geographical term is a part of Bohemia.
Kind regards
            Andreas
P.S.: I shall be away from my computer for some days and shall
answer mails next week.
ao.Univ.Prof.Dr.Andreas Schwarcz
Institut fuer oesterreichische Geschichtsforschung
Universitaet Wien
Dr.Karl-Lueger-Ring 1
A 1010 Wien
Oesterreich