[gothic-l] Re: Eruli in the West

troels_brandt trbrandt at POST9.TELE.DK
Wed Feb 13 19:09:47 UTC 2002

> > --- In gothic-l at y..., andreas.schwarcz at u... wrote:
> > > as the grave goods in the
> > > princely graves of Bohemia have some connection with
Scandinavia.
--- In gothic-l at y..., "faltin2001" <dirk at s...> wrote:
> Nevertheless, I suppose the borders between the tribal dukedom of
> the Bavarians and ancient Bohemia were likely fluid
--- In gothic-l at y..., andreas.schwarcz at u... wrote:
> I ment Blucina and Zhuran, cf. Tejral (ÖAWDphil 240, Wien 1990,
> 43 f.).

Well - We have just discussed Blucina and Zhuran as located in
Moravia at Germanic-List, but I am afraid I mixed up Baiuvaria and
Bohemia. I believe I am primarily responsible for this mess.

Under all circumstances is it more easy for me now to understand
Procopius' problems in Northern Europe - and he did'nt even have a
real map.

Kind regards
Troels