[gothic-l] Re: Eruli in the West

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Thu Feb 14 12:40:28 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at y..., "Bertil Haggman" <mvk575b at t...> wrote:
> Of course the claims underneath are not correct. What
> is likely meant by Taylor is that it is not imperative to believe
> or not believe the research he presents. He is letting it
> be decided by the reader.

You obviously do not understand the German text I am afraid. This is
easily excusable, but you should not insist that you know German
better than native speakers.

It is clear that you do not understand what Taylor said. He does not
let the reader decide at all, but states that the arguments are
unable to proof a link between the Eruli and Scandinavia.

If the interpretation underneath
> would be correct I am sure Taylor would have engaged
> in further comments. He did not.

No he did not. Probably, because there was not enough space to
allocate to such a discussion in an encyclopaedic entry, or because
he thought it was not so important. However, he does give his verdict
on the arguments, saying that they do not convince.