[gothic-l] Eruli in the West and in Scandinavia

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Thu Feb 14 15:56:40 UTC 2002

The meaning of zwingend is for instance tvingande in Swedish.
Zwingen=tvinga is also noedga, förmå, pressa and many other
meanings but övertyga(nde) is not one of them. Tvingande in English is
imperative, not convincing. Oevertyga is convince.

Unfortunately I don't have a German-English dictionary
at hand, but maybe someone on the list has?

Bertil Haggman

> But your interpretation obviously suffers from a linguistical
> misunderstanding of the German text. You should at least consider the
> vague possibility of a mistake on your part, given that we speak
> about the interpretational nuances of a text that is in a foreign
> language for you, but native to Andreas and me.
>
> I am afraid we will have to disagree again; even on such a point.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM