[gothic-l] Hunar, Goti, Eruli and Scandinavia

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Fri Feb 15 11:01:00 UTC 2002

Thank you for view. There is much interesting
material on the Eruli and their traces in
Scandinavia. Sorry you yourself had nothing
new to present to the list.

Continuing my thread on Hunaland one can
for instance refer to the Hervarar Saga where
the Hunar are described as a Gotta tiod - a Gautic
people. The Hunaland is probably not far into
the southwest but relates to continental
Era of Migration memories.

Other mentions related to the Hunar are connected
to the province of Smaaland where glow work may
be inspired from the southeast. There seems to
be no real connection with the Huns but a transformation
of Eraof Migration turbulence via Goths and Eruli to
Scandinavia.

The remigrating Goths and Eruli at the time might have
seemed impressive to the Goetar and calling the Hunar
may point to a description of the as tall of stature,

The word huni was also the name for bear which may have
according to the RLK book I have been referring to earlier
have a link to baersaerkar ("bearshirts").

The matters referred would really be an interesting field
for detailed research. I have only here attempted to
outline some of the basic facts related to the Hunar.

Bertil Haggman

I have checked your posts again
As usual You are unable to substantiate your claims,
I just hoped you had something new.

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM