[gothic-l] The Importance of Ptolemy

george knysh gknysh at YAHOO.COM
Wed Feb 20 14:38:19 UTC 2002

--- Bertil Haggman <mvk575b at tninet.se> wrote:
> Dear listmembers,
(information about Ptolemy, written in a way which
clearly demonstrates that Mr. Haggman knows English
and can use it satisfactorily. Which means that his
abuses are almost certainly deliberate. He then goes
on to make yet another totally untrue accusation:)

> The information of Ptolemy is one that does not
> fit well int the Knysh theories, so he naturally is
> seeking
> to play down Ptolemy. He might even try to introduce
> William of Ockham as a source on the Goths and the
> Eruli.

*****I don't have time to keep "responding" to such
unsubstantiated comments. Let me remind Mr. Haggman of
the following rule of this list:

"members are expected to observe proper etiquette and
refrain from abusing other list members, making ad
hominem arguments or exhibiting any other
unprofessional characteristic."

Monitoring Service trial
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ACHqaB/bQ8CAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM