[gothic-l] Re: On the Possible Scandinavian Origin of the Goths

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Mon Jan 7 13:46:00 UTC 2002

>--- In gothic-l at y..., "Bertil Haggman" <mvk575b at t...> wrote:
>>  Andreas,
>>
>>  Your difference with Andrzej Kokowski are noted
>>  and your preference for Heather and Wolfram is
>>  well known to listmembers.
>>
>>  Gothically
>>
>>  Bertil
>

>If you read Kokowski's main publications on the Goths
>like "Archäologie der Goten: Goten im Hrubieszów-Becken"
>or "Bestattungssitten der Goten am Beispiel des Friedhofs der
>Maslomecz-Gruppe", etc. you will find that Kokowski does not differ
>from Heather or Wolfram. His method, oulook and findings are very
>similar to that of Bierbrauer. Kokowski clearly states that the
>Gothic Wielbark culture originated in the area at the Vistula and
>that the etnogenesis of the Goths took place in the same region.
>
>Dirk
>BTW Kokowski is co-author of an exhibition on the Vandals which will
>start in March 2003 at the castle of Bevern near Bremen. The
>exhibition follows on the exhibition on the Goths (Schaetze der
>Ostgoten) which was held at the same place in 1995.

Dirk,

This also agrees with the thinking of the University of Uppsala.
I have earlier  referred to "Gothic Connections" by Anders Kaliff

Tore

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!