[gothic-l] Goths, Eruli in the East

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Thu Jan 10 13:08:09 UTC 2002

Dear listmembers,

Personally I am much more convinced that
Professor Omeljan Pritsak is on the right path
than I am concerning Wolfram and Heather. The latter names
of researchers do not have access to some
sort of "spring of truth". They have presented the
results of their research but they have certainly
not, as I understand, made any claim to have
found the ultimate "proofs" or having "final
evidence". Let those interested in Gothic matters
rather make their own judgement based on available
literature.

Bertil Haggman

there is literally nothing, not a scrap of evidence, that connects the
Goths and the Eruli with the worship of Freyr. As usual, Bertil is
either his own source or he dug up some old or bizarre literature to
make his point. He has to do this, because he will not accept any
up-to-date professional literature on the Goths. There is no other
way, if you stick to the theory of the Scandinavian origin of the
Goths after thirty years of publications on the Wielbark culture and
try to make the Rus of Kiev into a Second Gothic Kingdom.

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search
600,000 scholarships!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vf6MrB/4m7CAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM