[gothic-l] Goths in the East

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Thu Jan 10 14:36:37 UTC 2002

>Tore,
>
>Thank you for your recommendation. If you can point
>to any differences in my rendering and the original
>I would be most happy.
>
>Gothically
>
>Bertil

I am not familiar with your present passage. It is just a general
experience I have.

I know translators and it is very much depending on how they
interpret a text and get it to fit into Swedish thinking.
Tore

>Forget about Swedish translations.
>I have long ago left them.
>They are adapted to Swedish thinking and Swedish history.
>
>If I read a Swedish translation I always go back to the original.
>
>Many times the Swedish translation is done from an English
>translation or a German translation.
>
>Good advice look always at the original as far as possible.

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM