[gothic-l] _The Origin of Rus_ II

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Fri Jan 11 14:38:54 UTC 2002

Of the planned volumes to follow on Vol. I the following
has been indicated by Harvard University Press:

Volume 2 will examine the Old Scandinavian sagas.
Volume 3 will deal with the oriental sources, especially
the Arabo-Persian.
Volume 4 an examination of the Byzantine, Latin,
and Old Rus materials.
Volume 5 and 6 will be analytical studies.
Volume 5 to deal with the societal structures of Northern
and Eastern Europe and of Western and Central Asia.
Volume 6 will present the author' s synthesis on the question
of the origin of Rus.

Although I am aware that the work of Professor Omeljan Pritsak
not only deals with the Goths it has much of value for the
information on East Germanic influence in Scandinavia.

Gothically

Bertil

FREE COLLEGE MONEY
CLICK HERE to search