[gothic-l] New Member

hrafnsnest hrafn at GVTC.COM
Mon Jan 14 00:23:46 UTC 2002

Heilsa All!

   May I introduce myself, I am Odhvaknir, and am new to the list.  I
have found your postings quite thought provoking and academically
sound.  I am currently writing a book on the Gothic Mysteries -
History, Culture, and Magic, which should be out sometime next year.

   My background is this; I have been a student of "western magic"
for about 24 years, all of which has led me to my current position as
Rune-Master with the Institute for Germanic and Runic Studies, which
is just outside Austin, TX.  The Institute is directed by Stephen E.
Flowers Ph.D., a former student of Dr. Edgar Polome, former head of
the Germanic Studies Dept. at the U. of TX - Austin. I have written
numerous articles for their publication over the years, as well as a
book review for "The One-Eyed God: Odin and the Indo-Germanic
Mannerbunde", by Kris Kershaw, Journal of Indo-European Studies,
W.D.C.  This was published in a journal called "Runa", which is
distributed in England and the U.S.

   I will have a posting in regards to the Gothic gods question.

Ves Heil!
Odhvaknir