[gothic-l] Re: Goths, Eruli in the East-A aplogy

einarbirg einarbirg at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jan 18 20:24:44 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at y..., "einarbirg" <einarbirg at y...> wrote:
> --- In gothic-l at y..., andreas.schwarcz at u... wrote:

>  Freyr is a Scandinavian deity(That is the name). Similar deities
> with other names having similar functions could have been
worshipped
> by the Goths and the Heruli.
> Is there anything against that theory?
> Is there anything known about the pagan religious practices of the
> Heruli and the Goths? Not to my knowledge but I could easily be
wrong.

> The comment made by Bertil about that matter was not made by Barði
> Guðmundsson nor Lee M. Hollander but comes from a indroduction (in
> that book)written by somebody(no name) indroducing Barði and
> Hollander.

*****Hæ. About my letter no. 5566 to Andreas.

  These above words mentioning Bertil in such a way I find very
hurting and unpolite and I am sorry about them. I am like indicating
that Bertil  was somehow wrong. That was not my intention but caused
because of my bad humor that day. And me being in a hurry.
I apologize for this and I hope that all listmembers will keep in
mind that we should be careful about how we express ourselves.
Respect for each others ideas/theories is to be preferred and be our
aim no matter how much we disagree.

Bless,bless Einar.