[gothic-l] Goths and Huns

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Tue Jul 9 17:36:48 UTC 2002

Yes indeed. Ermanarich ruled a wide Ostrogothic empire between 350 - 370 AD.
The Ostrogothic kingdom was occupied by the Huns from around
370 to 454 AD, when Attila's son Ellak was defeated in 454 AD
in present day Hungary. Almost a hundred years of Hunnic rule
probably had a lasting influence on the Ostrogoths.

The present stand on the Indoeuropean question, which relates
to what you have written, seems to be that the homeland of the
Indoeuropeans was north of the Black Sea. The Mongols carried
out some sort of globalization during the Middle Ages but it should be noted
that the never conquered Western Europe.

Gothically

Bertil

since gots did not vanish or perish, it is usual to think that all people in europe has some connection to other people may it be goths.lets say, hunnic people who originated in altai mountains(turkic) had eventually settled in europe. where are they now? possibly every european has also a turkic&mongolian connection.   if we think in this respect, you may also have cosiderable connection to the arabic people as a portuguese.so speaking of ancestors is a little bit a vague in my opinion.

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/TPvn8A/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/wWMplB/TM