[gothic-l] Re: Goths and Persia

tigerlipped tigerlipped at YAHOO.CA
Thu Jul 18 18:36:17 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at y..., "Bertil Haggman" <mvk575b at t...> wrote:

> Ben,
>
> Don't think so but there has been a connection made to Gothic and
> Erulic trade with India (Sten Konow, "Goths in Ancient India, JRAS
(1912),
> pp. 379-385).
>
> Gothically
>
> Bertil
>
> > Is there any textual or archaeological evidence of Gothic contact
with Persia, or things Persian? An answer would be appreciated. Thank
you in advance.

Bertil:
Thank you for the link. The old, Jute dialect differs from modern
Danish in several ways. For example, in Jute the definite article is
proclitic, as opposed to modern Danish where the article is enclitic.
In this way, Jute resembles modern and old English.
Since Hollis considers Frisisan as a sub-group of the Germanic
language, what, if any, is the current, scholastic position on the
Jutish dialect, and how does it stand in relation to Gothic.I hope
this question isn't too far afield for this site.

Ben

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?
Free Love Reading by phone!