[gothic-l] Baltic cultures: was Re: Digest Number 538

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Wed Mar 20 16:20:42 UTC 2002

>  >
>>  Dirk,
>>  I am sorry but you seem to be locked in a certain way of thinking.
>>  What you say is that you completely refute Anders Kaliffs "Gothic
>>  connections" where he points out that there is a common culture in
>>  southern Baltic including Gotland and some coastal Swedish areas.
>

>Ok Tore, can you then please provide the name of this common Baltic
>culture that existed in 300BC. Also, could you explain how the
>Oksywie culture, Przeworsk culture and the West-Baltic culture fit
>into this common Baltic culture. All of these cultures existed in
>300BC and are clearly distinguishable from each other.
>

>>  The emigration from Gotland about 300 or somewhat earlier is
>>  documented by various Swedish archaeologists.
>

>Can you please provide the references, perhaps quotes if you have.
>
>Dirk

Dirk,
You have a very good list in "Gothic connections",  although most of
the Swedish are missing.
I will pic a few

H. Hansson Gotlands bronsålder 1927
M Stenberger Ölands järnålder 1933
M Stenberger Det forntida Gotland 1945
B Nerman Yngre Bronsålder- En första svensk vikingatid 1954

Tore

Access Your PC from Anywhere
It's Easy. It's Fun. - Free Download.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BxtVhB/7XkDAA/_ZuFAA/wWMplB/TM