[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Religious Ancestry

ingemarn2000 ingemar.nordgren at EBOX.TNINET.SE
Fri Mar 22 13:45:47 UTC 2002

--- In gothic-l at y..., "faltin2001" <dirk at s...> wrote:
> Dear Ingemar,
> weapons graves start in Scandinavia in the latter part of the period
> A3, i.e. the younger pre-Roman Iron Age and become characteristic for
> the whole imperial Iron Age in Scandinavia. This is about the same
> time (A3) when the Oksywie culture in Pommerania abandons weapon
> graves and transforms into the Wielbark culture. In middle Germany,
> Mecklenburg and Denmark weapons graves start already in A1 and A2
> spreading from the Przeworsk culture northwards.
>
> cheers,
> Dirk

Dear Dirk,

I am aware of that in parts of Scandinavia. We now incidentally were
speaking of Western Scandinavia - not the  whole of Scandinavia.

Kindly
Ingemar

Access Your PC from Anywhere
It's Easy. It's Fast. - Free Download