[gothic-l] Gothic Cavalry Strength

keth at ONLINE.NO keth at ONLINE.NO
Sun Mar 24 09:25:39 UTC 2002

Hello Bertil,
Everyone knows that the American Indian was defeated
because of modern industry, in 4 areas:

* industrial size distilleries.
* steam engines
* modern fire arms.
* telegraph

Below you afford us with some interesting glimpses
behind the screens of awesome historians; historians
who are able to divine the great lines of human history.

The Goths being more intelligent, more skillful planners
of long term strategies - interesting stuff.

>The difference between the Goths and the American Indian of
>course being that the Goths fought with tactics and strategy
>in mind. Some of it they learned having been Roman commanders

>(note Alaric, for instance). The American Indian however skilful
>rider, was only able to perform small guerrilla raids and had
>no strategic thinking.

>The victory at Little Big Horn came as
>a result of Custer's carelessness. It was an exception and used
>by the Indians because Custer, a reckless man, exposed
>himself.
>
>So in my opinion it may not in the end be the riding skills but
>the ability to perform during large military battles that counts.

Try to tell the fighter pilots that the flying skills
are not so important, but the ability to perform during
large military battles.

>Yes, the Ostro-
>goths (not the Visigoths) were conquered by the Huns but it turned
>out to be a lucky strike. They learned to use the new weapon
>in warfare and would be part of the RMA of the time.

Hope all is well,
                                                   Keth

Access Your PC from Anywhere
It's Easy. It's Fun. - Free Download.