[gothic-l] Re: Old Turkish Runic Alphabet - what are your thoughts?

Sahin Ahmet ahmetsahinn at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 9 11:14:23 UTC 2002

I am not a member of germanic list and I do not want to be, Please provide me with a related link  and  quotes other than the list. Please bring the argumentation into the list. If you wish not, you can email me personally.
I dont understand why you rule out turkish presence in scandinavia which may be very temporary. The alleged translation mention the word migration and it was about a man who bravely stayed rather than migrating.
regards.
faltin2001 wrote:--- In gothic-l at y..., Sahin Ahmet <ahmetsahinn at y...> wrote:

> what did soeren show? How about the striking resemlance and the
meaningful translation of the scripts in "gokturk" language.The
letters are almost the same as gokturk alphabet. what is the
translation in old germanic?.

Sahin, have a look at the relevant posts on the Germanic-List (search
for 'turkish runes').

Scientists are truly biased. Hebrew, Latin ridiculuos
considerations.

Serious scholars (for example those working on the Runenprojekt at
the University of Kiel) are not biased, this is simply a ridiculous
assertation.

Gokturks were nomads, they were everywhere in eurasia may be also in
scandinavia.

You need more that outstanding evidence to support a theory arguing
that Gokturks lived in Scandinavia. Please provide some evidence
please.

Hebrews in scandinavia a serious option?

Nobody argues seriously that Hebrew was the basis for the runes or
that Hebrew was spoken in Scandinavia

one of the scholars in israel argued that mayan civilization is of
jewish origin!
> this is kind of usuall for some.

This is just as crazy as the assertation that Gokturks or Hebrews
lived in ancient Scandinavia.

Dirk

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Sell a Home for Top $