[gothic-l] Re: Old Turkish Runic Alphabet - what are your thoughts?

george knysh gknysh at YAHOO.COM
Wed Oct 9 13:02:46 UTC 2002

--- Sahin Ahmet <ahmetsahinn at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am not a member of germanic list and I do not want
> to be,

*****GK: It doesn't cost anything, and reading what
intelligent people have to say about issues of
interest (if only peripheral) to you will surely do
you no harm. After consulting the archives you may
freely leave*****

 > I dont understand why you rule out turkish presence
> in scandinavia which may be very temporary.

*****GK: Basically for the same reason any even
moderately scientifically inclined individual of any
ethnicity would rule out the presence of Berbers or
Polynesian seafarers, or aliens from Mars or Planet X
for that matter: namely, there is not a shred of
evidence of any kind to back up this idea, neither
archaeological, nor historical, nor linguistic, nor
folkloric, nor you name it. The first evidence (though
not all accept this) known to me of contact between
Turks and Scandinavians is that adduced by Pritsak
with respect to the development of the younger futhark
(I omit the contact between Goths and Huns since only
a very few of the former might be considered even
"ex-Scandinavians" let alone the real thing,
individuals excepted.)******

http://faith.yahoo.com

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/MVfIAA/wWMplB/TM