[gothic-l] Pornography on Gothic-List

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Sun Sep 22 05:02:39 UTC 2002

Hi,
What e-mail program do you use?
The problem might be there. I don't get any banners. I only get a
link at the bottom of the e-mail. I have to take the effort to open
that link in order to see the advertisement.
My advise: change the settings in your e-mail program and your
computer will not open the adverts.
Tore

Tore

>Hails, Cory!
>
>It seems I don't have any power over what banners they show you.
>Those things are usually derived randomly or from
>cookies and scripts that tell them your url history or what you may
>be interested in, so it's strange that such
>things are appearing on your site. I will try to contact
>yahoogroups, but the the best thing to do in the meantime
>would be for you to complain to yahoogroups.
>
>Cheers,
>Matthew.
>
>cstrohmier wrote:
>
>>  Dear Matt,
>>
>>  Everyday when I visit Gothic-List, there is an advertisement in
>>  red from AllPosters.com which flashes lewd pictures of topless women
>>  in my face (which I really don't appreciate).  Other Yahoo sites seem
>>  to be able to stop these advertisements from coming in by putting a
>>  (decent) picture in this spot on their homepages.  Please take some
>>  action to correct this situation.
>>
>>  Sincerely,
>>  Cory
>>

>>  You are a member of the Gothic-L list.  To unsubscribe, send a
>>blank email to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.

>You are a member of the Gothic-L list.  To unsubscribe, send a blank
>email to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM