[gothic-l] Gothic Clothing

matthew carver me at MATTHEWCARVER.COM
Tue Apr 29 20:46:03 UTC 2003

Hails!

Grave finds are very few, and clothing almost never is preserved,
unless a piece of it be covered by a brooch or something. Even
the fairly well attested nordic clothing is incomplete. Metal
is much easier to reconstruct, but on the other hand is mostly
derivative of other styles, such as Roman, Scythian, etc.

That aside, a smart mix of plain early germanic garb and some
ethnic borrowings might make for a curiously authentic-looking
"goth" in the context of an amateur event.

-matthew

http://us.click.yahoo.com/O10svD/Me7FAA/AG3JAA/wWMplB/TM