[gothic-l] Gothic Clothing

Spnknffork at AOL.COM Spnknffork at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 29 21:41:43 UTC 2003

In a message dated 4/29/2003 11:38:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
jarajan2 at yahoo.com.au writes:

> Hi I am new to the lisrt and I am trying to reconstruct the clothing
> of a gothic male (visigoth or ostrogoth} of the late 4th century.  I
> want to make my reconstruction as accurate as possible hopefully based
> on archaeological evidence.  Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks
> Jarajan

Greetings Jarajan, I'm pretty new to this list myself. I'm in the SCA and I
am myself researching the Visigoths. I'm interested in the Visigoths in Spain
during the time of King Recceswinth(sp?) But also like to read about the any
of the early Germanic tribes during the Late Roman era.

Some sources that could be a good starting point are Osprey books they
provide both artist drawings and photographs of artifacts, extant clothing
and armour, and period artwork. The artists drawings are just that an artist
rendition based off of research, but I have found the photographs to be
beneficial.

Feel free to email me and I can thumb through my little Gothic library for
you.

jen

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KXUxcA/fNtFAA/uetFAA/wWMplB/TM