[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Dance?

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Mon Aug 4 11:02:07 UTC 2003

The description of this 'Gothic dance' is from:

Constantine VII Porphyrgenitus: De Ceremonies Aulae Byzantinae, in
which the emperor describes the Byzantine court ceremonies. However,
as noted earlier this dance referes to the Varangian guards in
Constantinopel in the 10th century. It has nothing to do with the
East Germanic Goths.

Cheers
Dirk

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510