[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Dance?

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Mon Aug 4 09:54:06 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "hrafnsnest" <wulfsligrs at c...> wrote:
> Hails,
>   While doing some research, I came across something referred to as
> the "Gothic Dance".  The author references the "Byzantine Book of
> Ceremonies".  Can anyone be of assistance here?  Granted,
the "Goths"
> mentioned were probably Varangian Guard, but what I'm looking for
> here is a discription of the dance itself.
>
> Thank you,
> Valulfr

Hi Valulfr,

as Ingemar explained this has nothing whatsoever to do with the
Goths. We have no information about Gothic dances at all. If somebody
described the ringelreign of Varangian bodyguards as 'Gothic dance'
he/she simply didn't know what they were talking about.

Cheers

http://us.click.yahoo.com/sO0ANB/LIdGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM