[gothic-l] Re: Analogy between fate of Eruli and Burgundians?

Dr. Dirk Faltin <dirk@smra.co.uk> dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Tue Jan 21 13:04:48 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Tore Gannholm <tore.gannholm at s...>
wrote:
> Dirk,
> I suggest you read what you have copied below.
> >"investigates the social, economic and symbolic structures
> of early Scandinavia at the time of the Viking expansion"
>
> This is the 9th century and far removed from the Herulian
immigration.
> That is also what I showed being the speciality of Judith Jesch.
>
> When she is editing this book she is naturally asking for papers
> about this later period and not the 6th century.
>
> Tore

Tore,

according to the publisher, the book is concerned with the period
from ca 500AD to 1000AD and looks at the foundations of early
Scandinavian society and the Vendel culture. At any rate we will see
from the content if there are any chapters dealing with the time in
question or not. Once the book is available at the British Lib. I
will let you know.