[gothic-l] Re: Arianism

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Wed Jul 2 03:33:23 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, Hieromonk Maximos <frmaximos at m...>

Hi again Maximos,

I have read your text carefully and I also re-read mine. I see that we
both are a little unclear and so I must make  a more clear definition
of filioque. It is true the 'que' is of Western origin mostly as the
original text proposed in Constantinople in 382. The decision however
was to exclude that 'que' and replace it with "The  Father through the
son and the spirit". The Westerners later, as you say,  replaced the
original meaning with the earlier proposed " The Father and -que- the
son through the spirit. I am sorry I misunderstood that part in your
writing.

My best wishes
Ingemar

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM