[gothic-l] Re: Arianism

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Thu Jul 3 09:54:01 UTC 2003

>Tore,
>
>nice collection. I had a brief look, however, some comments at the
>end where somebody talks of Arianism in Vaestegoetaland in 500AD can
>hardly be taken seriously. But I think we had this debate before.
>
>Dirk

Dirk,
Yes we have discussed this before and I know that you don't have very
high thoughts about Swedish archaeology. Fortunately there are others
on this list who can read Scandinavian and are better acquainted with
this important area.

Admittedly sometimes archaeologists over-interpret their findings.
However I think Gotland and some parts of Sweden have a much richer
early iron age history than you would like to admit.
Tore

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM