[gothic-l] Re: Re; Dirk

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Wed Jul 9 15:45:16 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "sunnytjatsingh"
<sunnytjatsingh at y...> wrote:
> Hi Dirk,
>
> Thanks, so when does Wolfram's new work come out?

I am not aware that he is planning any new book on Gothic history. I
was speaking in general terms. Hence, when Wolfram did his seminial
work on the Goths in the 1980s a detailed analysis of the Getica to
the extend that Christensen has done it was not available. Since,
Christensen's study, such an analysis is available and it might
influence future work on Gothic history, including any hypothetical
book by Wolfram. I just wanted to underscore that this is not a
matter of whome to believe, as you presented it. Instead, it is a
process, with each author  fitting in a piece of the jig-saw puzzle
and making an interpretation of how the final picture will look like.
In my view, Wolfram and Christensen are working at the same picture.

cheers

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
Low prices up to 80% off. We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/y8_tZA/6oVGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM