[gothic-l] Re: Francisc

Francisc Czobor fericzobor at YAHOO.COM
Thu Jul 10 09:42:03 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "sunnytjatsingh"
<sunnytjatsingh at y...> wrote:
> So then is it impossible that the Goths could have lost their
tongue
> in a sea of Germanic speaking peoples?   Best Wishes,

What is that "sea of Germanic speaking peoples?"
When the Goths migrated (from Scandinavia?, from Vistula?) to the
north of Black Sea, they left the Germanic neighborhood and settled
between Slavic, Iranic and Finno-Ugric (the Merens, Mordens, and
Aesti of Jordanes, identifiable with the Mari, Mordvins and Estons)
peoples. If we accept that the Goths "lost their tongue", they
couldn't get germanized in Dacia or at the north of the Black sea,
but rather romanized, slavized or iranicized.

Francisc

Free shipping on all inkjet cartridge & refill kit orders to US & Canada.
We have your brand: HP, Epson, Lexmark, Canon & more.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kP..SB/49VGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM