[gothic-l] Re: Jutes and Goths

Ravi Chaudhary ravichaudhary2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sat Jul 12 17:36:09 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Francisc Czobor" <fericzobor at y...>
wrote:
> --- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Ravi Chaudhary"
> <ravichaudhary2000 at y...> wrote:
> >  This may not be an unimportant clue.
> >
> > If the information cited is valid, that tribes from " Scytia"
came
> > into what is now Germany( and further) and brought with them hemp
> and
> > the usage of that word.
> >

> > Who were these tribes, clans , from " Scythia". ?
> >

> > Ravi
>
> Hemp was a trade item, so it was not necessary to come some tribes
> from "Scythia" to bring it into Germania. The same as it was not
> necessary to settle some tribes from "Scythia" in Greece to bring
it
> there. Following your reasoning, someone could claim that, since
silk
> originates from China, there were some Chinese tribes who settled
in
> Europe to bring it - who were these tribes, clans, from China?
>
> Francisc

 You are very right.

Is ther any information on how hemp was introduced into the area, was
there much volume of the trade, was the hemp local,

What was the source of the hemp

Did hemp reach other parts of Europe, was the word the same in all
languages ?
IN the Indian subcontinent the word I have come acroos is " Ganja", I
could not comment on the Iranian anatolian word.

Ravi

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM