[gothic-l] Re: MY INTRODUCTION

thomas lindblom thomas_lindblom at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 11 16:03:08 UTC 2003

Hi Francisc!!

Thank you very much,wow these sites are great!
I seem to get luckier every day since I can also read some German.
Thanks again!

thomas

>From: "Francisc Czobor" <fericzobor at yahoo.com>
>To: gothic-l at yahoogroups.com
>Subject: [gothic-l] Re: MY INTRODUCTION
>Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 07:34:56 -0000
>
>Welcome, Thomas!
>
>Nobody was born all-knowing and you are still very young.
>But you are also more lucky than me, for instance: when I begun to be
>interested in Gothic, there was no Internet yet, and in my country
>(Romania) it was very hard to find a book about the Gothic language.
>The Gothic language is very similar to Old English and Old Norse
>because all three are old Germanic language, more close to their
>common ancestor - the unattested, reconstructed Common Germanic - as
>the modern Germanic languages are.
>For links to resources on Internet about the Gothic language you
>might visit Mat Carver's "The Gothic Language Website"
>(http://www.matthewcarver.com/gutrazda/). Unfortunately for those not
>speaking German, many good web sites dedicated to the Gothic
>languages are in German.
>Koebler's comprehensive Gothic dictionary is now also available on-
>line, for free
>(http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/homepage/c303/c30310/gotwbhin.html). This
>web page is in German, but the dictionary itself gives also the
>English equivalents of the Gothic words, and there is also an English-
>Gothic dictionary
>(http://www.koeblergerhard.de/germanistischewoerterbuecher/gotischeswo
>erterbuch/NE-GOT.pdf).
>I wish you much success in studying the Gothic language and culture!
>
>Francisc

Digitalt till papper med MSN Foto http://photos.msn.se/

Buy Ink Cartridges & Refill Kits for Your Epson at Myinks.com
Free shipping on orders $50 or more to the US and Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5705&lp=home/epson.asp
http://us.click.yahoo.com/brYXfA/_xWGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM