[gothic-l] Re: Re; Francisc

Ravi Chaudhary ravichaudhary2000 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 16 20:18:06 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Francisc Czobor" <fericzobor at y...>
wrote:
> Hi, Sunny,
>
> the official historiography in Romania always considered and
> considers also now that the identification of Getae with Goths is
> totally wrong. I learned in the school some 30 years ago, like all
> the school-age children of Romania, that Jordanes was totally wrong
> by identifying the Goths with the Getae, basd only on a name
> ressemblance. And today the attitude is the same.
 ************

Most of our attitudes to history are shaped by what we are taught in
our schools. Romanian students are no exception.

When one starts to go beyond what is taught in the schools, in to
below the layers and question existing " facts" do  a few sparks fly.

For a few years now I have been question history and what I was
taught in  my schools,  and I suggest all of us  have a spirit of
inquiry and questions our beliefs.

New information, new perspectives do and will constantly arise.

 Dahiya for example attempts to trace the history of the jats through
their clan names. His thesis is that these clan names   existed some
4000 years ago can and are still found in various surnames that are
used today.

There will be changes , but the original name can still be found.

See Message 7234 for a link an article of his that I was sent
recently.

Ravi

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/sOykFB/k9VGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM