[gothic-l] Re; Andreas

Andreas Schwarcz andreas.schwarcz at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Fri Jul 18 13:35:19 UTC 2003

On 17 Jul 2003 at 15:28, sunnytjatsingh wrote:

> Hi Andreas,
>
> "The only B.S. Dhillon I could find in the internet with any serious
> academic
> standing is a renowned professor for mechanical engineering at Ottawa
> university"
>
> That is him.
>
> "Calvin Kendall, born in 1883"
>
> Calvin Kephart?

Hi Sunny,
Professor B.S.Dhillon is a great authority on computer automation and mechanical
engeneeering and as such achnowledged in his scientific circles, but he has made no
impact whatsoever with the book you constantly cite even in Canada, let alone in the
global scientific community in ethnology, history or philology.
Lieutenant Colonel Calvin Ira Kephart (1883-1969, had a degree in the sciences and
the law and a distinguished business and law career, also as professor of law at N.U.
of Washington,  before World War II, in which he served equally with distinction in the
U.S. Army. After that he was, as I wrote, an amateur historian and genealogist with
sound contributions to the study of the history of his own and related families, but for
the impact of his three books on Sanskrit, the origins od western heraldry, and the
races of mankind, the same must be said as for Dhillon's book on ethnology.

Kind regards
                           Andreas Schwarcz
 Ao.Univ.Prof.Dr.Andreas Schwarcz
Institut für österreichische Geschichtsforschung
Universität Wien
Dr.Karl Lueger-Ring 1
A-1010 Wien
Österreich