[gothic-l] Re: History and the Scientific method

Ravi Chaudhary ravichaudhary2000 at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jul 18 15:17:46 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "Andreas Schwarcz"
<andreas.schwarcz at u...> wrote:
> On 17 Jul 2003 at 21:22, Ravi Chaudhary wrote:
>
> >>  And that is exactly what I wish to draw our attention to,
versions
> > of history.
> >

> > I would hope that we do not take the view that persons from other
> > disciplines are unable to contribute to our understanding of
History.

> > Ravi
>
> History has, like all humanities and sciences its own scientific
methods and versions of
> history are only possible as far as these versions are based on the
common ground of

 **********

 I agree, except to simply add , that   History "cannot" have a
separate scentific methodolgy.

 Scientfic methodology can only be just that- and its rules are
universal.

If you can show me that History can be treated separately, as a
separate science with its own rules, I will have learnt something
very new.

 and do not forget as you stated , much is based on guesswork !

Best regards

Ravi

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5510
http://us.click.yahoo.com/GHXcIA/n.WGAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM