[gothic-l] Fw: Welcome to gothic-l

AElfric and Ursula amali at SOFTHOME.NET
Mon Mar 3 16:53:11 UTC 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Johan Meyer <izakmeyer at yahoo.com>
To: gothic-l Moderator <gothic-l-owner at yahoogroups.com>
Date: Monday, March 03, 2003 3:34 AM
Subject: Re: Welcome to gothic-l

Hallo

I am a 24 year old South African student studying in Brussels, Belgium. Although I am a Biologist, I am also interested in languages, especially Gemanic languages. My mother tongue is Afrikaans and I can also speak English, Dutch, German and Sepedi.

I am interested in learning Gothic and would like to know where I can get some more information on this. I would also like to know if there is a list with plant and animal names in Gothic. I collect lists of common names of animals, especially birds in various languages.

Thank you very much

Yours sincerely

Johan

 gothic-l Moderator <gothic-l-owner at yahoogroups.com> wrote:

    Hails! and Welcome to the Gothic-L!

    This list is devoted to the Gothic Language as recorded by Wulfila's translations and elsewhere, but it also has interest in cultural and historical aspects. We want to exchange scholarship, information and viewpoints, and some of us perhaps attempt to "revive" the language and "reconstruct" its vocabulary

    We encourage you also, if you are so inclined, to compose email in Gothic (though admittedly few of us are very good at this). Should you, however, wish to do this, please include an English translation at the bottom of your message.

    Of course, we expect all posts to be made in a professional manner, courteous and respectful of other members, provided with citations of work when necessary and other etiquettes normal to scholarly conduct.

    Most importantly, please introduce yourself and give us an idea of your background and interests!

    Gawairthi,

    Moderator, Matthew Carver
    Moderator, Eric Craven
    Moderator, Albareiks

J. Meyer
Henri Schoofslaan 12, Bus 252
1160, Brussel
België
Tel: + 32 2 629 5080
Sel: + 32 497 57 1390
e-pos: izakmeyer at yahoo.com

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/wWMplB/TM