[gothic-l] introduction and a question

Managarm managarm at ATLAS.CZ
Wed Mar 5 07:47:17 UTC 2003

Salvte!

My name is Martin, I come from the northern part of Czech Republic (middle
Europe) and I am 26. I am of german origin, work as a high school teacher.

I like a lot of things. Nature, sport activity (adrenalin, extreme), music
(neofolk, industrial, gothic, medieval, classical), mythology and religion
of Indo-Europeans.
I am one of clan leaders and godhar in the Czech Asatru.

I am very interested in old crafts, art, lifestyle and morality. I like
learning
and studying languages. I speak Czech, English, French and not that good
Russian and German (still improving).. I like Icelandic and old german
languages
like gutiska, which I wish to learn.

The reason for learning gutiska - for me and my friends - is the need of a
language
of our ancestors and a language used here in ancient rituals and daily life.
So also
with its language we need to study deeply the history and crafts of Goths...

We see gutiska being ideal for our purposes, for it is one of the oldest
preserved german languages. We see the isolation and stopped develepoment of
gutiska as a
great plus. We dont only want to learn another ancient language, but we want
to touch and get into thinking, morals, values and customs of ancient Goths
this way.

We are practicing Asatruar for some years, though it is more difficult with
us.
We are divide into clans that are autonomous and we differs clan to clan.

We have some darker (Rokkr) types among us, while there are pure Odinists,
Vanatics, Armanenists, normal Asatruar/Forn Sidhr, Viking reenactors,
craftsmen and there are also tendencies to learn more about Theodism.

Nevertheless, we decided to step more deeply into gutiska for many reasons.
One of which is using gutiska in our ritual...

We are free to communicate and link with individuals and groups.
I am ready to exchange literature and music. :o)

Thats for the introduction.

Now my question. My friend who makes the blot for Ostara this year would
like to know equivalent in gutiska for this sentence in ON:

Fire of life, make holy this place and keep out (avoid) all evil?

And for a name Ostara in gutiska?

...I wonder whether there is any list of names of gotish gods!?

Best blood,
Martin

Managarm/HHFB
http://www.asatru.cz/

---
Odchozí zpráva neobsahuje zádné nám známé viry.

New Yahoo! Mail Plus. More flexibility. More control. More power.
Get POP access, more storage, more filters, and more.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hcb0iA/P.iFAA/46VHAA/wWMplB/TM