[gothic-l] Re: Gothic Clothing

faltin2001 dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Fri May 2 06:39:39 UTC 2003

--- In gothic-l at yahoogroups.com, "jarajan2" <jarajan2 at y...> wrote:
> Hi I am new to the lisrt and I am trying to reconstruct the clothing
> of a gothic male (visigoth or ostrogoth} of the late 4th century.  I
> want to make my reconstruction as accurate as possible hopefully
based
> on archaeological evidence.  Can anyone help me?
>
> Thanks
> Jarajan

Hi,

I hope the link below works. It shows a very
accurately 'reconstructed' Germanic warrior of the 5th century. This
example is meant to be a Bavarian, whoever since these were the
northern neighbours of the Goths, their dress will not have been
fundamentally different.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YAmyPrjqBMzJJKn_NFb88sTx3UJnh2p7to-
KSFZwcM4h4tn7CdUcBCl2CFrKNndjtalRbA68-5LhZlUyZPrOrRhqV9E/german%
20barbarian.jpg

cheers,

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping