[gothic-l] Virus alert - jdbgmgr.exe

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar at NORDGREN.SE
Fri May 16 11:43:15 UTC 2003

Hi everybody-hej alla! This message I received from a friend hose
computer was infected. I found it also in mine but  has deleted it
according to the instructions below. It was successful.

Best wishes/Hälsningar
Ingemar

Unfortunately, a colleague passed along a virus to me. My address book WAS
infected.
Since you are in my address book, there is a good chance you will find it
in
your computer. The virus,called jdbgmgr.exe, is not detected by Norton or
McAfee anti virus systems. The virus sits quietly for 14 days before
damaging the system. It is sent automatically by messenger and by the
address book, whether or not you sent e-mail to your contacts.
Here's how to check for the virus and how to get rid of it:
YOU MUST DO THIS.
1. Go to start, Find or Search option.
2. In the file folder option, type the name
jdbgmgr.exe
3. Be sure you search your C: drive and all sub folders
and any other drives you may have.
4. Click "find now"
5. The Virus has a Teddy Bear icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN
IT!
! ! !
6. Go to Edit (on the menu bar) and choose "select all" to highlight the
file without opening it.
7. Now go to File (on the menu bar) and select delete.
It will then go to the Recycle Bin (you can also do this by right clicking
on the icon, but again, DO NOT open the file).
8. IF YOU FIND THE VIRUS YOU MUST CONTACT ALL THE PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS
BOOK, SO THEY CAN ERADICATE IT IN THEIR OWN ADDRESS BOOKS.
To Do This:
a) Open a new e-mail message
b) Click the icon of the address book next to the "TO"
c) Highlight every name and add to "BCC" (which means
blind copy)
d) Copy this message and paste it to a new
e-mail.
Sorry for the headache

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/uetFAA/wWMplB/TM